|Great Burning Plains|
|Name:||Great Burning Plains|
|First Appearance:||Make Your Time|
|Inhabitants:||Reds and Blues|
- "Okay. These are the Great Burning Plains we talked about."
- "They don't look burning... they look burnt."
- —Caboose in Setting a High Bar
When the Reds and Blues are blasted into the "future", they are sent to this desert. After wandering for a short time, Caboose and Donut find a broken down Warthog, which is fixed and becomes the Reds' second jeep. Afterwards, Tex contacts the Reds through the warthog, and the group leave the desert and go to her location.
In Season 4, the desert's name is revealed by Andy, who calls the area the "Great Burning Plains" in the episode Setting a High Bar. When the quest team begin their journey, they pass through this area before reaching a swamp. Later in the series, images of this location are seen on the monitor during Donut's debriefing in Catching Up.
- The Great Burning Plains is represented by the map Burial Mounds in the Halo 2 engine.
- It is suggested in the episode Catching Up that the Great Burning Plains are actually a set of Simulation Bases, as the Counselor questions Donut on their existence; one of the available responses being "The new location where your team was assigned."