- "Yup! I licked it! I licked the base!"
- —Iowa in The "Mission"
Iowa was an agent of the Special Operations program Project Freelancer. Despite being an elite soldier, he was one of the worst Freelancers along with Idaho and Ohio. The three of them were nicknamed "The Triplets". He was also involved in a training incident where his suit stopped providing him oxygen for 20 minutes, which seemed to result in minor brain damage, and thus vocal and cognitive difficulties.
- Iowa suffers from arachnophobia (Fear of arachnids).
- Iowa's armor consists of the default Mark VI helmet, and EVA chest and shoulder pads.
- Iowa's speech and erratic behavior was similar to Zed from Police Academy. His sneeze that was apparently strong enough to blow up 7 mongooses is similar to Zed's powerful scream that is capable of blowing down a door.
- Iowa shares many similarities to Caboose.
- Both wear blue armor.
- Both have relatively low intelligence.
- Both lost oxygen while in their suits, which likely caused brain damage, hence the low intelligence.
- Both inadvertently destroy vehicles.
- Iowa's real first name is Mike, a short form of Caboose's first name, Michael.
- Shannon McCormick named Iowa after his Uncle Mike, who is from Iowa.
|Head Staff: Leonard Church · Aiden Price|
|Agents: Alaska · Arizona · Carolina · Connecticut · Georgia · Florida · Idaho · Illinois ·|
Iowa · Maine · Maryland · New York · North Dakota · Ohio · South Dakota · Texas (ε) ·
Washington · Wyoming · Utah · Recovery Six · Recovery Nine
|Other Members: F.I.L.S.S. · Four Seven Niner · Tank Guy · Lemons · Lieu|