|First Appearance:||Why Were We Here?|
- "I built a new vehicle from some old Warthog parts we had laying around!"
- "It's an ATV! It's awesome!"
- —Donut in Why Were We Here?
The Mongoose is a vehicle that first appears in the official ending of the Blood Gulch Chronicles (although never used, as the vehicle was edited in). Although small, the ATV is effectively used for reconnaissance and transportation.
Role in PlotEdit
The Mongoose is first used by Recovery Six, who is killed on it by the Meta in the Reconstruction Trailer. After Church and Caboose join Washington to pursue the Meta, they travel to different locations using Mongooses. In Recreation, Lopez builds two Mongooses for Simmons so that he may go inform the others that Caboose still has the Epsilon Unit, but they're destroyed by the Meta (and Simmons unintentionally).
In Hang Time, Sarge, Grif, and Caboose are chased by two soldiers on a Mongoose during their chase of C.T.. In Season 10, Carolina uses a Mongoose during her travels with Reds and Blues. Epsilon is later inserted into Carolina's Mongoose in an attempt to spy on her.
- Despite being ATVs, Mongooses are always referred to as motorcycles by the characters (though Donut does call the one in Episode 100 an ATV).
- In the Bonus Features DVD only available with the Red vs. Blue: The Blood Gulch Chronicles box set, when the Red Team and Blue Team are getting new bases, the Reds can be seen to have two Mongooses.
- In Sarge's version of the story where the Reds deleted the Blues' existence from Command's database, Simmons transforms into a Mongoose for Sarge's getaway vehicle.
- In the D.I.Y. PSA, as they test the map Rat's Nest for Bungie, two Mongooses can be seen being driven around the edge of the map by Sister and Doc.