|Red vs. Blue: Season 15|
|Filmed using|| Maya|
Halo 5: Guardians
|Genre||science fiction, comedy, thriller|
|Created by||Burnie Burns|
|Directed by||Joe Nicolosi|
|Written by||Joe Nicolosi|
|Voices|| Anna Margaret Hollyman|
|Production company||Rooster Teeth|
|Release(s)|| April 2, 2017 (FIRST members)|
April 9, 2017
|Format(s)||QuickTime, Flash Player, Windows Media Player|
|No. of episodes||21|
The season premiered on April 2, 2017 for Rooster Teeth FIRST members and April 9, 2017, for the general public. Series creator Burnie Burns initially stated that a new writer-director will be taking over from Miles Luna, who wrote and directed The Chorus Trilogy and contributed to Season 14. It was later confirmed that Joe Nicolosi, writer for the Season 14 episode The Brick Gulch Chronicles, will be writing and directing this season.
Unlike the previous seasons, Season 15 will be the first canon standalone season, with Joe Nicolosi explaining that the "story of the Blue versus Red will conclude at [episode] twenty-one," adding that the following season would be a completely new adventure. It is the fifteenth full season of Red vs. Blue.
The award-winning, longest-running web series Red vs Blue returns with a vengeance with Red vs Blue Season 15 . A series of violent attacks across human space has people demanding answers. Who are these Reds and Blues? And why are they so bloody ruthless? One reporter sets out to uncover the truth, determined to find out why the once beloved Reds and Blues have turned so malicious, taking her on a galaxy-spanning adventure filled with many twists and turns.
- Dylan Andrews (12 episodes)
- Jax Jonez (10 episodes)
- Carlos Trabka (2 episodes; voice only)
- Frank (1 episode)
- James Adler (1 episode; voice only)
- Caboose (9 episodes)
- Tucker (9 episodes)
- Lopez (8 episodes)
- Simmons (8 episodes)
- Donut (8 episodes)
- Carolina (6 episodes)
- Washington (5 episodes)
- Grif (4 episodes)
- Church (2 episodes; recording only)
- Sister (1 episode)
- Freckles (1 episode)
- Surge (11 episodes)
- Loco (11 episodes)
- Buckey (11 episodes)
- Temple (10 episodes)
- Cronut (10 episodes)
- Gene (10 episodes)
- Lorenzo (8 episodes)
- Sarge (9 episodes)
- Doc (3 episodes)
- Biff (2 episodes)
- Grunts (1 episode)
- Kimball (1 episode)
- Dr. Grey (1 episode)
- Smith (1 episode)
- Bitters (1 episode)
- Palomo (1 episode)
- Jensen (1 episode)
- Santa (1 episode)
- Spencer Porkinsenson (3 episodes)
- V.I.C. (2 episodes)
- Locus (2 episodes)
- Illinois (2 episodes; corpse only)
- Arizona (2 episodes; corpse only)
- Alaska (2 episodes; corpse only)
- Maryland (2 episodes; corpse only)
|#||Episode Title||Running Time||Description|
|1.||Prologue||8:07||In the wake of a violent assault on a UNSC supply depot, one reporter (Dylan Andrews) is determined to find out the true motivations of its colorful attackers: a villainous gang known as the Reds and Blues.|
|2.||The Chronicle||9:57||IDA Reporter Dylan Andrews begins her search for the Reds and Blues in Blood Gulch Canyon with the help of a new cameraman.|
|3.||The Mother of Destruction||9:13||The search for the Reds and Blues takes Dylan and Jax to the crashed remains of Project Freelancer. While Dylan struggles to justify her continuing search against a lack of progress, a break in the story finally comes in unexpected visitors.|
|4.||Chorus Lessons||12:00||Dylan’s search concludes on the Planet Chorus, the last known hang out of the Reds and Blues before they vanished and embarked on a galactic crime spree. Stonewalled by an administration that doesn't trust the press, Dylan finds herself going to extreme measures to gain access to Chorus’ important figures.|
|5.||Previously On||11:05||Investigative Journalist Dylan Andrews sits down with the notorious Reds and Blues to finally hear the full story of their actions since Chorus.|
|6.||Reacts||10:17||The message sent by Kimball spurs the Reds and Blues into immediate action. Tucker and Caboose leap to the rescue, while Carolina and Washington urge caution and patience. Meanwhile, Red Team gets weird.|
|7.||Nightmare on Planet Evil||10:51||On the search for Church, the Reds and Blues face their deepest fears in a haunted city.|
|8.||A Fistful of Colours||11:57||It’s all been leading to this. On a desert planet in the middle of nowhere, the Reds and Blues find themselves face to face with the truth of their colorful imposters. The truth is revealed, and it's something they never saw coming.|
|9.||Rigged||10:06||The Reds and Blues get to know the Blues and Reds better, and discover a familiar face among their ranks.|
|10.||Battlescars||9:24||Agents Carolina and Washington have successfully followed the trail of missing Freelancers to the beach house of a former associate, Agent Illinois. While digging through their past hasn’t yielded any revelations, it has managed to reopen old wounds for Carolina.|
|11.||Belly of the Beast||9:34||Blocked by the Reds and Blues, Dylan decides to try and seek answers on her own. Sarge finally gets a shot at stardom.|
|12.||Blue vs. Red||8:51||In a box canyon in the middle of nowhere, two teams are locked in a stalemate over a game of capture the flag. This is Blue vs Red, the Desert Gulch Chronicles.|
|13.||Blue vs. Red - Part 2||10:09||A pair of Freelancers break the stalemate in the action-packed finale of the Desert Gulch Chronicles.|
|14.||True Colors||13:40||The Reds and Blues begin to suspect their colorful counterparts of sinister designs.|
|15.||Objects in Space||9:32||With the fate of the Reds and Blues hanging in the balance, one robot boldly goes where no one has gone before.|
|16.||Grif Does a Rescue||8:57||Sarge finally gets his wish as the Blues and Reds deal with an unexpected intruder. The gang learns the hard truth about a lost teammate.|
|17.||Quicksave||12:08||Free from their confinement; Carolina, Washington and Locus make plans for the gang's escape. Sarge struggles with difficult orders.|
The Complete, Unabridged Story of Red vs Blue. Abridged.Edit
- Main Article: The Complete, Unabridged Story of Red vs Blue. Abridged.
- Airdate: March 24th, 2017
On April 1, 2003, five friends unleashed a sci-fi comedy epic known as Red vs. Blue. It took the internet by storm. Fast-forward fourteen seasons and countless "Bow Chicka Bow Wows", the longest running web series presents its biggest season yet. Catch up on all fourteen seasons, and don't miss Season 15, premiering April 2 on Rooster Teeth FIRST.
According to Joe Nicolosi himself, the season displays a theme of consequence, which is shown in various examples both small and large. Dylan's loyalty and ambition towards her job cause rifts in several of her relationships. Her disobeying the law in order to get her story at the UNSC supply depot causes her initial cameraman Frank to quit, tired of being imprisoned because of her actions. It is later shown that Dylan even has complications with her husband, James Adler, who questions whether she's committed to her job or her marriage. In addition, Dylan revealing Chruch's message to the Reds and Blues causes Grif to quit the group, something Dylan didn't anticipate.The events of the season as a whole are caused by the actions of Carolina and Tex's rivalry, which resulted in Biff's death. As a result, Temple and the Blues and Reds make it their goal to hunt down and kill all Freelancer personnel. Doc also betrays the Reds and Blues for their constant abuse and neglect towards him over the years, ultimately deciding to join the Blues and Reds. Tucker is forced to pay for several bastards after impregnating several women on Chorus.
Some of the season's consequences, however, are positive. Dylan deciding not to kill V.I.C. but rather bring him along her investigation proved to be beneficial, as he was able to help her discover the Blues and Reds' true motives by hacking into Temple's computer. Locus' regret towards his actions during the Chorus Civil War leads him to turn over a new leaf.
Sarge and Doc betray the Reds and Blues.
One theme the season presents is regret. Many of the characters, having been through several trials and tribulations, reflect on their past actions and wish they could go back and do things differently. Dylan, for example, shows regret after her conversation with her husband James, feeling guilty for not placing more time on her relationship.
Carolina expresses that she too still holds some regret for her actions during Project Freelancer, after seeing the life that Illinois pursued after his time there. She explains to Wash that she feels that she left behind a possible future with York and is unsure if she is able to start over, though Wash explains otherwise.
- This season was confirmed two seasons in advance, a first for the series. This is likely due to Season 14 being an anthology rather than a continuation of the story.
- The season's synopsis is extremely similar to the storyline of the Halo 5 audio series, Hunt the Truth, in that a new reporter character must investigate the protagonists.
- The idea of a reporter character investigating the Reds and Blues is not a new one for the series. While Season 2 was in very early development, the character of Doc was originally conceived as a reporter/ journalist. This is mentioned on the Season 2 DVD commentary.
- With the move to the Halo 5 engine, the Reds and Blues now wear the full Mark VI armor (with the exception of Caboose's Mark V Delta helmet), after wearing the Mark VI armor with a Stalker Torso during the footage filmed in the Halo 4 engine previously.
- Lopez now wears a standard set of Mark VI armor identical to the Reds and Blues, after using a unique armor setup throughout the Chorus Trilogy.
- Oddly, in the marketing for this season Caboose is seen wearing a Mark IV helmet, while in the actual season he wears the Mark V Delta helmet (a replica of the Mark V helmet as it appeared in Halo 3, used in previous seasons). This is likely due to the fact the Mark V Delta was added into the game just before filming started, but after the promotional material was created.
- Despite appearing in most of the season's marketing, Donut and Lopez's roles are still minimal compared to the other members of the Reds and Blues.
- This is the first season to not feature any PSAs during its run.
- ↑ AfterBuzz Interview
- ↑ Season airdate
- ↑ Joe's announcement
- ↑ RvB: The Complete, Unabriged Story of Red vs. Blue. Abridged.
- ↑ http://ew.com/movies/2017/01/30/rwby-film-movie-rooster-teeth/
- ↑ http://roosterteeth.com/post/51293860
- ↑ RvB15 Synopsis
|Red vs. Blue|
|Season 1 · Season 2 · Season 3 · Season 4 · Out of Mind · Season 5|
|Recovery One · Reconstruction · Relocated · Recreation · Revelation|
|Season 9 · MIA · Where There's a Will, There's a Wall · Season 10|
|Season 11 · Season 12 · Season 13|
|Season 14 · 360|
|PSAs · Special Episodes · Animated|
Team Slipspace: An Epic Grifball Saga