|First Appearance:||K.I.T. B.F.F.|
|Inhabitants:||Simmons, Sarge, Caboose|
- "I appear to be stuck in some kind of nexus of teleporters, which could take me anywhere in the universe...Or it's a janitor's closet, the hell I don't fucking know!"
- —Simmons in The Best Laid Plans
Role in PlotEdit
It's first appearance was in K.I.T. B.F.F., where Simmons was trapped there because Church damaged the Red Base's teleporter by accident. During his time there, he discovers that the area basically is a "teleporter nexus", which can send anyone to anywhere in the universe. Using his intellect, Simmons is able to use the Teleporter Nexus to retrieve Sarge and Caboose from Battle Creek and is able to tell Donut how to fix the Red base's teleporter in Blood Gulch to allow his group to get to Sidewinder. He then uses the nexus to teleport himself, Sarge, and Caboose to Sidewinder to reunite the teams in You're the Bomb, Yo.
- Simmons is the character that named the Teleporter Nexus.
- Both Simmons and Caboose have referred to the location as a janitor's closet.
- Ironically, the explanation of the existence and nature of the nexus is given off-screen in Let's Get Together by Simmons to Caboose, who doesn't understand.
- The location is represented by the map Chiron TL-34 in Halo: Combat Evolved.
- The teleporters in this area were utilized by the Rooster Teeth crew as makeshift "green-screens" in order to create the look of the A.I. character Delta. By taking a red soldier (for best contrast) in-game and placing a teleporter behind him, the special effects artists were able to "cut out" the background teleporter and shift the soldier's armor color to Delta's characteristic green.
|Halo: CE Era: Blood Gulch • Sidewinder • Caboose's Mind • Battle Creek • Teleporter Nexus|
|Halo 2 Era: Great Burning Plains • UNSC Wind Power Facility • Great Swamp • Great Freezing Plains • Cities • Island Fortress • Underground Caves|
|Halo 3 Era: Valhalla (Hologram Chamber) • Rat's Nest • Outpost 48-A • Command (A.I. Containment Facility) •|
|CG Animation Era: A.I. Storage Unit • Angel On My Shoulder • Mother of Invention (Training Room) • Bjørndal Cryogenics Research Facility • Insurrection Building • UNSC Archives • UNSC Scrap Metal Recycling Station • Longshore Shipyards|
|Halo 4 Era: Chorus (Crash Site Bravo • Forest Base • Desert Refueling Station • New Republic Headquarters •|
Crash Site Alpha • Armonia • Radio Jammer Station 1C • Charon Research Complex 2C • Charon Excavation Site •
Jungle Temple • Eastern Mountain Range • Communication Temple • Purge)
|Halo 5 Era: Retirement Moon • Armada 8 (Desert Gulch) • Earth|